Looking for a sweet treat? Bite into these guilt-free copycat Cadbury cream eggs!
The classic candy we all know and love gets a Paleo makeover for a decadent, chocolate-covered treat with a creamy turmeric filling!
Coconut butter is the main ingredient in this recipe that keeps the mixture pliable. This creamy ingredient is great in keto and Paleo desserts to achieve a rich, chewy texture – especially when mixed with almond butter, like in this Cadbury egg recipe.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
For the “yolk”, you’ll be using anti-inflammatory turmeric and pepper. Black pepper increases the absorption of turmeric, helping your body get the most out of its antioxidant properties. Don’t worry – the black pepper is hidden in the melted chocolate, so it’s not even recognizable to the eye or palate.
To start, combine the coconut butter, almond butter, and raw honey in a small bowl. Scoop 2 tablespoons of the mixture out into a separate bowl and stir in the turmeric. Place both bowls in the freezer for five minutes to let the mixture set (this makes it easier to roll).
Next, scoop a tablespoon of the larger tan mixture into your hand and roll into a small ball. Gently flatten, then add ½ teaspoon of the turmeric mixture into the center. Wrap the tan mixture around the center and roll into a ball. Add an extra dab of the light mixture to completely cover the turmeric inside. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Work quickly, as the heat from your hands will cause the candy to soften!
Place the rolled eggs on a plate lined with parchment paper, and return to the freezer. While you wait, add dark chocolate chips and coconut oil over a double boiler, then remove from the heat and stir in the black pepper. Spoon the melted chocolate over each egg to completely cover, then return back to the freezer for five minutes to set.
Turmeric ‘Cadbury’ Creme Eggs
Turmeric ‘Cadbury’ Creme Eggs
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small bowls
- Double boiler
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 T raw honey
- ½ t turmeric
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 t coconut oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine the coconut butter, almond butter, and raw honey in a small bowl. Stir to mix.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and add to a separate bowl. Stir in the turmeric. Place both bowls in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the tan mixture into your hand and roll into a small ball. Gently flatten, then spoon a ½ teaspoon of the turmeric mixture into the center. Wrap the tan mixture around it and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the eggs on a plate lined with parchment paper and return to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler. Stir in the black pepper. Remove from the heat and spoon the melted chocolate over each egg.
- Return to the freezer to set for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Almond butter (Barney)
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
Dairy-free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
(You’ll Also Love: Homemade Pink Oreos Recipe)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo