Half cookie, half cake, and ridiculously tasty.
If you’re the sort of person who loves a classic cake and cookie combo, then this recipe is just for you. Each cookie has the fluffy, tender texture of a cake with a base of almond flour and cashew butter baked right in.
Easy to make, these cookies are naturally sweetened with maple syrup, vanilla, and a hint of ground ginger. A dash of turmeric helps to give them their natural bright color, while also adding in a dose of anti-inflammatory benefits. The final topping includes a coconut cream icing made completely dairy-free and guilt-free!
Love Almond Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Almond Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Almond Flour Recipes!
To get started, combine all the cookie ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients well with a wooden spoon until you get a thick homogeneous cookie dough.
Next, scoop out heaping mounds of dough using a tablespoon and place them in a single layer onto a cookie sheet. Set each mound two inches apart and slightly flatten them with your fingertips to create a round cookie shape.
Then, place them in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The end result should be firm to touch, yet cake-like in the center. Allow the cookies to fully cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
In the meantime, beat the coconut cream together with the tapioca starch to create a smooth and thick icing. Spread approximately one tablespoon of icing evenly on top of each cookie, then sprinkle with ground turmeric. Serve with your favorite coffee or tea recipe and enjoy!
Tip: If you prefer more of a sweeter taste, you can also sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top.
Golden Ginger Turmeric Cookies
Golden Ginger Turmeric Cookies
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
For the Golden Turmeric Cookies:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 T tapioca starch
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T ground turmeric
- 2 t ground ginger
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
For the Coconut Cream Icing:
- 1½ cups full-fat coconut cream
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 t ground turmeric, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To Make the Golden Turmeric Cookies: In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cookies together. Mix well until you get a thick and homogeneous cookie dough.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of cookie dough and place them onto the prepared baking sheet. Arrange them in a single layer at least 2 inches apart and slightly flatten each mound with your fingertips.
- Bake the dough for 15 minutes until the cookies are firm, but cake-like in texture. Allow the cookies to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- To Make the Coconut Cream Icing: While the cookies are baking, beat the coconut cream together with the tapioca starch. When the icing becomes nice and thick, let it chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once the cookies are cooled, spread one tablespoon of icing over the top of each cookie. Sprinkle the cookies with ground turmeric and serve immediately.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Almond flour (Hodgson Mill)
Cashew butter (Georgia Grinders)
Tapioca flour (Authentic Foods)
Vanilla extract (Frontier)
Turmeric (Simply Organic)
Ground ginger (Simply Organic)
Baking powder (Hain)
Coconut cream (Native Forest)
(You’ll Also Love: Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies)