Put a healthy twist on an Italian classic with pillowy, gluten-free Cauliflower Gnocchi!
Cauliflower gnocchi is a superfood powerhouse! It packs plenty of antioxidants into each bite and has a pillowy texture that pairs perfectly with Italian sauces and spices.
Cauliflower packs in plenty of essential vitamins and is a healthier alternative to carb-loaded potatoes (you can barely taste the difference!). (1) Tapioca and coconut flour help keep this recipe gluten-free while creating a soft dumpling that plumps when cooked.
Add power-packed superfood veggies to every meal with these easy cauliflower recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Cauliflower Recipe Guide!
To get started, steam the cauliflower and dry the excess moisture using paper towels. Place into a food processor and blend into a purée. Tip: If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a potato ricer instead. Add in the tapioca, coconut flour, and eggs and pulse until mixture becomes a dough. If dough is too sticky, knead in an additional tablespoon of tapioca flour at a time.
Next, transfer the dough to a clean surface lightly dusted with tapioca flour. Divide into three pieces and roll each one into a rope (about ½-inch thick). Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces and score each gnocchi with the tip of a fork. Add the gnocchi into a large stock pot with boiling water and cook for two minutes (when they float to the top, you’ll know they’re done). Drain the gnocchi and set aside.
When finished, heat a large skillet with coconut oil on medium-high heat. Work in batches to cook the gnocchi in a single layer for six minutes, making sure to flip halfway through. Remove from heat and stir with your favorite sauce (like this zesty Paleo Pesto). Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Soft, Pillowy Cauliflower Gnocchi
Soft, Pillowy Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Food processor
- Large stock pot
- Large skillet
- Large saucepan
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup tapioca flour, plus extra for dusting (about ⅛ cup)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 t sea salt
- 2 T coconut oil
- Steam the cauliflower in a large saucepan with a steamer basket for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a plate with paper towels and pat dry (you can also wrap in a towel and gently squeeze the moisture out).
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until mashed.
- Add in the tapioca flour, coconut flour, egg, and salt until mixture becomes a dough. (If too sticky, knead in an additional tablespoon of tapioca flour at a time).
- Dust a clean countertop with extra tapioca flour and roll the dough into three ropes (about ½-inch thick).
- Cut the ropes into 1-inch pieces and score each gnocchi with the tip of a fork.
- Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil and drop the gnocchi into the pot. Cook until they float to the top (about two minutes). Drain the gnocchi and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Work in batches and add gnocchi in a single layer. Cook for six minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from heat and stir in your favorite sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Make ahead of time for easy meal-prepping throughout the week. You can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to two months and reheat in the oven for five to six minutes at 350°F.
(You’ll Also Love: Beet Gnocchi with Walnuts + Lemon Mint)