This Tex Mex chicken chili is ridiculously easy and delicious. It works over cauliflower rice, or in a lettuce leaf taco. It’s important to get the best quality salsa you can find. (Ideally, you would be using homemade salsa, but if that isn’t available, be sure check ingredients lists carefully.) I use a great (crap free) salsa from Costco by Garden Fresh Gourmet. They also carry an amazing guacamole, which makes a great condiment for this recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 8-12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa
- 1 16-ounce can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Chop chicken thighs roughly, into 1-inch pieces, and pop them into the slow cooker.
- Pour chili powder into the slow cooker and stir to coat chicken.
- Add vegetables and stir.
- Pour the salsa and the tomatoes into the mixture and stir.
- Put the lid on and set your slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. This tastes better the longer it cooks!
Serve over cauliflower rice or in lettuce leaf wraps, with a dollop of guacamole. A sprinkle of shredded cheese also makes a great optional topping. You can also toss in a handful of frozen corn or black beans (or both) for non-paleo family members.
(You’ll Also Love: Sweet Potato Paleo Chili)