On your daily run, do you run on a straight path, mindless and oblivious to the world around you? Darryl Edwards, founder of Primal Play and The Fitness Explorer, wants you to consider the world your playground instead. With his tactics, you can break out of a boring exercise rut and learn how to play like an adult. Find out more in his book Paleo Fitness.
Edwards finds that the Paleo mindset encourages play. Hear why you need a “playout” every day, how to find your own go-to ways to play, and how to channel your ancestors with fun fitness.
Beyond play, Edwards also breaks down complicated Paleo concepts. Check out his book Paleo from A to Z for an encyclopedic look at the Paleo lifestyle and discover more about the importance of play here.
- 1:30: Why are we bored with exercise?
- 4:00: Why we need to put fun back into exercise.
- 8:00: “I was convinced that fitness was important. I knew I had to put the time in. Even then I couldn’t jump up and down for joy for my workout.”
- 10:00: Why you need a “playout” every day.
- 11:30: “When you run, do you just run mindlessly in a straight line for a few miles? Or do you start… seeing the world around you as your own gym?”
- 14:00: How to find your go-to ways to play as an adult.
- 17:30: “Not all our answers come from the future. Some come from looking back to our primal instincts.”
- 20:00: How play helps the whole family.
- 22:00: The “honeymoon period” of Fitbits and other tech.
- 28:00: How the Paleo diet is a “gateway” to a whole new lifestyle.
- 29:00: The A-Z Paleo encyclopedia.
- 34:00: Why health “silver bullets” never work.
- 36:00: Achieving 80 percent of our optimal health
- 38:00: Why the simple approach is usually the best approach.
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!