We’re often looking for the next big “quick fix” in the health and fitness world: What one trick will increase my productivity? How can I lose weight, fast? What workout will make me a muscle machine?
As Dr. Pedram Shojai, documentary filmmaker and author of The Urban Monk, points out in today’s talk, “it’s just not real.” There’s no one trick to health, and through techniques that Shojai argues we’ve known for thousands of years—meditation, deep breathing, and restful sleep—we can build a healthy lifestyle. Learn why it’s so important to go to sleep sans devices and stimulation and how to make your bedroom reflect that. Finally, get tips on self-reliance and how to empower yourself—for good.
- 5:00: Who is the “urban monk?” Dr. Shojai’s story.
- 7:00: Life balance: Getting back to the basics.
- 8:30: “It’s just not real:” Wading through the muck of the health industry.
- 10:00: Empowering the individual: Don’t give away your power.
- 13:00: The art of mastering time.
- 17:00: “Watching Netflix is not unwinding:” Setting down the “blue-lit” devices.
- 19:00: The right way to go to bed.
- 22:00: “Sleep is the fountain of youth:” How to hack sleep.
- 24:00: What happens if you never pay back your sleep debt?
- 27:00: What you should know about lower diaphragmatic breathing.
- 29:00: “You’re only a few breaths away from stepping out of crisis mode.”
- 31:30: Why we treat meditation like a computer—and how to stop.
- 35:00: Basic meditations to try at home.
- 40:00: The “Prosperity” documentary: Promoting sustainable solutions.
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!
Not getting enough sleep can
make you fat, kill your sex drive,
trigger depression, and even DOUBLE your risk of death.
Not getting enough sleep
can make you fat,
kill your sex drive, trigger
depression, and even
DOUBLE your risk of death.