Parkour is a fitness buzzword with a huge coolness factor, but where can you get your start? Can everyone learn the fundamentals of parkour? Dan Edwardes, founder of Parkour Generations and Parkour UK, creator of Adapt Parkour, and owner of Chainstore Gym, says absolutely.
On this podcast, the discussion revolves around mastering parkour, including techniques, safety, approachability, and how to get mentally ready for a big session. It also digs deeply into what parkour is versus what many perceive it to be. You’ll also listen to Dan’s expert advice on both mastering parkour and achieving mastery in anything in general.
- 3:00: Getting hooked on parkour
- 5:30: How parkour is used on the big screen
- 8:00: An explanation of what parkour is
- 10:30: Why parkour is suitable for all ages and backgrounds
- 12:30: On safety, practicing on ground level, and joining as a beginner
- 16:07: Acknowledging that injuries can provide feedback
- 19:00: Why biomechanical technique is important
- 22:00: Getting mentally ready before a parkour session
- 26:00: The benefits of doing “edge work”
- 33:30: “Deliberate practice is the key to achieving the mastery of anything”
- 36:00: On slowing down and taking a break when you need to
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!