Fitbits, fitness trackers and apps—are they and other wearable tech distracting or life-enhancing? Josh Trent, founder of Wellness Force and personal trainer with more than 10,000 training hours under his belt, dives into the double-edged sword of digital wellness wearables in today’s talk.
Learn how to strike a balance in mindful use of technology and when to put the smartphone away. Get objective, quantitative advice on what data you should aim for in your daily health regimen, from steps to the ideal stand-sitting equation. Finally, get inspired to find your own “wellness force,” or the ultimate source of motivation to get you through the hardest slumps.
- 3:00: On Fitbits: “I rediscovered the joy of walking.”
- 5:00: “A journey of transformation:” Finding the balance between mindfulness and wellness tech.
- 7:00: What is your wellness force?
- 9:00: Follow the money: Why wearable tech is here to stay.
- 11:00: “Data is the mirror for how we show up in life.”
- 14:00: “Keep it simple:” How to get into wearable tech.
- 19:00: Fitbit data: What should you aim for?
- 22:30: The ideal standing-sitting equation.
- 26:00: The double-edged sword of wellness technology.
- 28:00: How to keep yourself from becoming a slave to technology.
- 33:00: The meditation struggle.
- 37:00: “Know your strengths and use them often.”
- 40:00: “The why is your fuel:” How to get through anything.
- 45:00: Balancing tech with the primal self.
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!