Slather this gluten-free Strawberry Bread with your favorite jam or buttery ghee for breakfast!
There’s nothing like the smell of fresh strawberry bread baking in the oven. Unlike traditional recipes, this Paleo bread swaps out refined sugars for juicy strawberries and raw honey. Pair it with your favorite coffee or tea for a yummy breakfast, without the guilt!
Fresh strawberries are added to a batter that’s equally sweet and satisfying. The base is made from a blend of gluten-free flours and lightly moistened with eggs, melted coconut oil, and coconut yogurt. Added honey offers a subtle touch of sweetness while fresh strawberries pack in extra vitamins and antioxidants!
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
To get started, combine the wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil) into the bowl of a standing mixer. Prior to blending, it’s important to let the wet ingredients rest at room temperature for at least 20 minutes to avoid clumping. Blend the ingredients together for three minutes, or until frothy. In the meantime, whisk the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
With the mixer still on, slowly spoon the dry ingredients into the wet. Add the melted coconut oil in last and blend until fully incorporated. Note: Adding coconut oil too soon will cause it to harden when mixed with slightly cooler ingredients.
Then, remove the bowl from the mixer and fold the sliced strawberries into the batter. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes. Next, tent the pan with foil to prevent the top from burning, and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes.
When finished, let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving. Slice and serve with fresh strawberry jam, chocolate hazelnut spread, or buttery homemade ghee! Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week or store in the freezer for up to 30 days.
Fresh Strawberry Bread Recipe
Fresh Strawberry Bread Recipe
- Standing Mixer
- 9x5” Loaf Pan
- Medium mixing Bowl
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/8 cup coconut yogurt, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup + 2 T coconut flour
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- ½ cup strawberries, cut into ¼-inch slices
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the eggs, honey, coconut yogurt, and vanilla inside the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix for three minutes, or until the liquid is frothy.
- In the meantime, stir together almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- With the mixer still on, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet. Add the coconut oil into the mixture last and blend until fully combined.
- Remove the bowl from the standing mixer and fold in the strawberries. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes and then remove from the oven. Tent with foil to prevent the top from burning and place back into the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick can be removed clean.
- When ready, cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove and cut into 12 slices.
Tip: This recipe uses a standing mixer, but any electric mixer works just as well.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
Arrowroot starch (Authentic Foods)
Coconut flour (Nutiva)
(You’ll Also Love: Keto Raspberry Bread)