There’s a certain chocolate hazelnut spread sold in stores that I used to be hooked on. Of course it’s filled with soy, dairy, refined sugar and lord knows what else. This recipe takes real hazelnuts and dark chocolate and turns it into a heavenly, wholesome version of Nutella that’s worth getting excited about.
You can serve this with apple slices or drizzle over a Paleo fruit salad.
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 4 oz very dark chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned and full fat
- dash of sea salt
How To Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes.
- In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate and raw honey over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.