Want a fun, creative breakfast that kids will love? Try these high-fiber Churro Pancakes!
Some of the best memories that I have as a kid are of sleepovers with my friends. We’d stay up late and in the morning we’d enjoy a delicious stack of pancakes served with tons of toppings, from strawberries to chocolate syrup.
This recipe is a throwback to those days, but gives traditional pancakes an upgrade with Paleo-friendly ingredients and a churro-inspired twist! The pancake batter is made with coconut flour, which is high in fiber and low in carbs. Coconut flour also gives foods a lighter texture, which is great for perfectly fluffy pancakes.
The pancakes are then coated in cinnamon sugar. I used date sugar for the coating and topped it all off with a dark chocolate sauce made with coconut oil and coconut cream – great sources of healthy fats.
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 T almond milk
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 T date sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ t cinnamon
- Dash salt
- ¼ t baking soda
- 2 T melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup date sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 T coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Add the coconut flour, date sugar or coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Using a ladle, add a little batter to a hot skillet - should make four pancakes total. Carefully check the underside of your pancake and when it’s golden brown, flip. Cook other side until cooked through, about 1-2 minutes.
- To make the coating: Combine the date sugar or coconut sugar and cinnamon and mix together. Spread on a plate.
- Brush the pancakes with melted coconut oil and coat lightly in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on serving dish.
- In the microwave or on the stove on low heat, melt the chocolate until melted but not hot.
- Mix in the coconut cream and coconut oil until smooth.
- Serve the pancakes with chocolate sauce.
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Churro Waffles)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo