Like waffles? Then you’ll love these crispy churro waffles dusted in cinnamon sugar! They’re the perfect breakfast treat or Paleo dessert!
What’s better than crisp, sugary churros or fluffy waffles? Putting them together in one easy and lightened-up dish! This recipe captures the flavor of both of these delicious treats, but is grain, dairy, and refined sugar-free.
Churros are traditionally a fluffy fried choux pastry dusted in cinnamon sugar.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
Unfortunately, churros are not only made with wheat flour, but are also fried in unhealthy seed oils. Luckily, these paleo waffles offer a healthier way to enjoy all your favorite cinnamon-y tastes.
The cinnamon sugar adds a magical “churro flavor” to the crisp almond flour waffles. It’s so easy to whip up, you’ll never want plain waffles again!
The almond flour transforms into a crisp and airy treat with this recipe, while a little bit of cashew milk and some pure maple syrup complete the simple batter. You don’t even have to beat any egg whites when making this recipe!
Like waffles? Then you’ll love these crispy almond flour churro waffles dusted in cinnamon sugar! They’re the perfect breakfast treat on a lazy Sunday!
As a result, these paleo churro waffles are nutrient-dense enough to enjoy for breakfast. They’re excellent when paired with a hearty protein source like bacon or sausage. This one-of-a-kind dish is also fancy enough to make for a special brunch, or as a whimsical holiday breakfast. But if you want to serve them for dessert with dollops of coconut-whipped cream or scoops of paleo ice cream, we won’t tell!
So calling all waffle-lovers: make this easy recipe as soon as you get the chance! The waffle-churro deliciousness simply can’t be beat!
Paleo Churro Waffles
Paleo Churro Waffles
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1-3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/3 cup granulated maple sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
How To Make It
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, cashew milk, and maple syrup.
2. Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
3. Ladle by ¼ cupfuls onto a preheated waffle iron and cook per manufacturer’s instructions. (Recipe should make about 6 square waffles.)
4. In a small bowl, mix together the maple sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to a small plate.
5. Dust/dredge the waffles in the cinnamon sugar and place on serving plate.
6. Serve with maple syrup if desired.
(You’ll Also Love: Crispy Chicken and Waffles)