Ditch the dairy and make these cashew cheese logs in three different ways!
Spread these flavored cheese logs onto Paleo crackers, sandwiches, veggies, and more! Create three different flavors to enjoy a variety of different herbs, fruits, and nuts. All three cheese logs are dairy-free and can be stored in your fridge to serve throughout the week.
Soaked cashews blend into a creamy “cheese” you can combine with sweet or savory toppings. Combine with apple cider vinegar and nutritional yeast for extra probiotics and protein. Added lemons offer a zesty brightness while a bit of coconut oil creates a smooth creamy texture.
Want to snack smarter and curb cravings? Get your FREE 25 Healthy Paleo Snacks Cookbook here.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Snack Recipes Cookbook!
The first topping combo includes crunchy walnuts and dried cranberries for a “sweet” fall flavor you can enjoy any time of the year. Apricot and honey almonds round out the second combo for a cheese with a hint of tang. And finally, fresh garlic and dill create a herb-packed cheese you can spread on roasted veggies or gluten-free crackers.
To get started, begin making the cheese by combining cashews and water into a food processor. Blend until smooth and add in the remaining cheese ingredients. Continue pulsing until the mixture transforms into a thick paste.
Next, arrange three rectangular pieces of parchment paper onto a clean surface. Divide the cheese paste equally onto the center of each piece. Use the parchment paper to roll the cheese into a log and place in the freezer for a minimum of two hours. Make sure to wrap the sides tightly! Note: If you’re not using the entire batch of cheese, freeze the leftovers and thaw it out when ready to use.
Then, prepare the topping combos onto three large plates. Remove the solidified cheese from the freezer and roll each log into one of the toppings. Coat the entire log and press in any extra toppings to help stay in place. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Homemade Cashew Cheese Logs, 3 Ways
Homemade Cashew Cheese Logs, 3 Ways
- Food processor
- Parchment paper
- 3 Large plates
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup water
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T lemon zest
- 2 T lemon juice
- ½ t sea salt
For the Toppings - Cranberry and walnut:
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnut, chopped
For the Toppings - Almonds, apricot, and honey:
- ¼ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 T honey
For the Toppings - Dill and garlic:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 T fresh dill, finely chopped
- For the Cheese: Place the cashews and water into the bowl of a food processor and blend until the nuts are crumbly and creamy.
- Add the remaining cheese ingredients and blend until a thick paste forms.
- Arrange three rectangular pieces of parchment paper onto a clean surface. Divide the cashew cheese equally onto the center of each piece. Use the parchment paper to roll each mound into a log, wrapping the sides tightly. Freeze for two hours or until firm.
- For the Toppings: Place the dried cranberries and walnuts onto one plate; the almonds, honey and apricots on the second plate; and the chopped fresh dill with garlic on the third plate.
- Remove the cheese from the freezer and thaw for two to three minutes. Roll each log into one of the toppings, pressing into the logs as needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: 6 Easy On-The-Go Snack Ideas for Cashew Lovers)