This lemoniest lemonade ice cream tastes like edible sunshine!
Lemonade ice cream is way easier to make than you’d expect! Zesty lemons, rich maple syrup, and coconut cream blend perfectly together – no ice cream maker needed. Serve this citrusy dessert with fresh berries or coconut flakes sprinkled on top.
Coconut cream makes up the silky base of this ice cream with added nutrients to keep things light. Blend it with tapioca starch to create a soft whipped texture and drizzle in a bit of maple syrup for sweetness. Tie everything together with juicy lemons for a signature tart flavor.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
To get started, chill the coconut cream overnight. Open the cans, scoop out the solid cream, and save the liquid for another recipe (like these Coconut Milk Ice Cubes). Set the solidified cream off to the side. In a blender, pulse the sliced lemons with water until you get a thick homogeneous mixture. Reserve for later.
In a large bowl, whisk together coconut cream, maple syrup, and tapioca starch. Whisk until the cream is fully combined. Add in the zest, lemon juice, and blended lemons. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Note: If the mixture is too sour, add more maple syrup (one tablespoon at a time).
Then, pour the mixture into the loaf pan and cover with aluminum foil. Transfer to the freezer for at least eight hours or let it set overnight. Once the ice cream is solid, scoop and serve with sprinkled lemon zest and enjoy!
Lemonade Ice Cream
Lemonade Ice Cream
- Loaf Pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Aluminum foil
- 3 14-oz cans full-fat coconut cream, chilled overnight
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 3 t tapioca starch
- 2 medium lemons, sliced into wedges
- 1 T lemon zest, plus more for sprinkling
- Open the cans of coconut cream, scooping out just the solid coconut cream. Save the liquid for another recipe.
- Combine the sliced lemons (peels included) with water in a blender. Pulse into a thick homogeneous mixture and reserve for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, maple syrup, and tapioca starch until fully whipped.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and blended lemons in with the coconut cream mixture. Whisk until evenly distributed. If the mixture is still too sour, add more maple syrup (one tablespoon at a time).
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and cover with aluminum foil. Freeze for at least eight hours or let it set overnight.
- Sprinkle with extra lemon zest and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: 23 Amazing Paleo Ice Cream Recipes)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo