Whip up this fresh tart with a creamy coconut filling, delicious grain-free crust, and topped with antioxidant-rich berries!
Curb your sweet tooth cravings with a tart that’ll make your taste buds happy! Filled with all-natural ingredients, this recipe packs in plenty of health benefits to help boost your mood and keep you feeling fit. It also eliminates the need for gluten and dairy by using grain-free flours and coconut milk to help aid your digestive health.
Fresh berries add a pop of color to this dessert while boosting antioxidants and your digestive health. It also pairs deliciously with a creamy filling made with honey, coconut milk and grass-fed gelatin (great for your skin).
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
To get started, begin by preparing the filling. Whisk the egg yolks with honey in a medium mixing bowl and set aside. In a large skillet, heat up the coconut milk and stir in the gelatin powder until it is fully dissolved. Tip: You can substitute the coconut milk with almond milk or other non-dairy milks as an alternative.
Next, slowly add in the egg mixture and whisk continuously for 10 to 15 minutes (the mixture should begin to thicken into a pudding consistency). When finished, transfer the mixture into a separate mixing bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
While the filling chills, begin preparing the crust. Combine the almond flour, coconut oil, honey, and beaten egg together using a wooden spoon. Continue mixing until a dough is formed. Use your hands to press the dough into a greased tart pan and bake for 25 minutes. When finished, remove crust from oven and let it cool for about five minutes. Spread chilled filling over the cooled crust and top with fresh berries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Antioxidant-Rich Berry Tart Recipe
Antioxidant-Rich Berry Tart Recipe
- 9-inch round tart pan
- Large skillet
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- 1 large mixing bowl
For the Filling:
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 T raw honey
- 1 14-oz can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 t grass-fed gelatin powder
For the Nut Crust:
- 3 cups almond flour
- ¼ t sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 T raw honey
For the Topping:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries, leaves removed and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch round tart pan with coconut oil.
- For the Filling: Whisk the egg yolks with the honey in a medium mixing bowl and set it aside.
- Heat up the coconut milk in a large skillet over medium heat and stir in the gelatin powder. Whisk well until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the coconut milk, whisking constantly for at least 10 to 15 minutes. The mixture will begin to thicken and have the consistency of pudding.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and transfer it to a new mixing bowl. Let it chill for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- For the Nut Crust: In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and coconut oil. Add the beaten egg with honey and mix together with a wooden spoon until the mixture is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tart pan and use your hands to pat it down into an even layer, covering the bottom surface of the pan. Place the pan in the oven and let the dough bake for 25 minutes until it is golden. When finished, remove from oven and allow it to cool, about five minutes.
- For the Topping: When the crust and filling are both chilled, pour the filling over the crust. Then, top each quarter of the tart with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
Coconut milk (Native Forest)
Almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Beef gelatin (Great Lakes)
You’ll Also Love: Strawberry ‘Cheesecake’ Love Tarts for Two
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo