Slice into this easy no-bake apple tart for a treat that’s gluten-free and rich in flavor!
Here’s a no-bake recipe for a delicious, and easy, apple and cinnamon tart. Brimming with naturally sweet flavors, this foolproof treat is something everyone will love. With just 30 minutes of prep time, it’s big enough to share with your entire family and friends.
Made completely gluten-free, this tart has a protein-rich crust with an almond flour base held together with coconut oil and maple syrup. For the rich center, a mix of crunchy apple slices and cinnamon apple purée create a heavenly filling.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
To get started, prepare the crust by combining the almond flour, maple syrup, salt, and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon until you get a homogeneous sand-like mixture. Then, press this mixture down onto a greased tart pan with a removable bottom. Let it chill in the refrigerator for one hour, or until the crust is firm.
Next, process half of the sliced apples together with one teaspoon of cinnamon in a blender. Pulse until you get a thick, brown purée. In a large bowl, combine the purée with the rest of the apple slices, maple syrup, and remaining ground cinnamon. Mix well until evenly distributed and transfer the filling on top of the tart crust. Arrange the apple slices to create a spiral pattern, then let the tart chill for another hour. Remove from the refrigerator and slice to serve. Bon appétit!
Tip: This recipe uses maple syrup to keep things vegan-friendly, but you can easily replace it with raw honey if you’re not following a strict vegan diet.
No-Bake Easy Apple Tart Recipe
No-Bake Easy Apple Tart Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom
For the Crust:
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 T maple syrup
- ¼ t salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
For the Filling:
- 8 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 t cinnamon, divided
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the blanched almond flour, maple syrup, salt, and softened coconut oil together. Mix with a wooden spoon until you get a homogeneous sandy mixture.
- Grease a tart pan and press the crust mixture onto the pan. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to evenly spread along the bottom and sides. Let the crust chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or until firm.
- While the crust is chilling, peel, core, and slice the apples.
- Place one half of the apple slices in a blender and process with the one teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Keep pulsing until you get a brown apple purée.
- Mix the purée with the rest of the apple slices in a large bowl, and add the maple syrup, one teaspoon of ground cinnamon and the fresh lemon juice.
- Once the crust is firm, fill it with the apple mixture, arranging the slices to create a spiral pattern.
- Let the tart chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before removing from the tart pan. Slice and serve to enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: Strawberry ‘Cheesecake’ Love Tarts for Two)