These blondies are soft, chocolatey, and gooey– everything a good blondie should be. Pureed sweet potato adds nutrition and gives them a decadent texture.
Throughout all my life, I’ve always loved chocolate (of course), especially dark chocolate. So, I figured it was about time I put two of my favorite ingredients together. The happy result was this Paleo blondie recipe.
I love how the sweet potatoes lend a beautiful orange color to the bar cookies; it creates a lovely contrast to the dark chocolate chunks. These blondies are soft and buttery thanks to the almond flour, moist thanks to the sweet potatoes, and ooey-gooey thanks to lots of dark chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Blondies
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup sweet potato puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 T coconut flour
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease an 8”x8” glass baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix in the sweet potato puree and eggs.
- Add the flours, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool a bit, cut, and enjoy.
(You’ll Also Love: Luscious Beet Brownie Recipe)