Here’s something that’s not-so-secret: I’ve fallen in love with this incredibly soft, dreamy, fluffy pancake stack.
Weekend brunch is not complete without a stack of homemade pancakes. Don’t get me wrong. I love waking up to a bowl of sautéed brussels sprouts and chicken, but once in awhile, a girl just needs a stack of warm pancakes. This recipe is chock-full of whole foods and protein, so you can start your day off right.
Note: I use 1/2 cup of whole dates to sweeten the pancakes. If that’s too sweet for you, you can use 1/4 cup dates—or adjust according to your preference. Easy recipes are my go-to. Since there are dates in this recipe, you will need to use either a food processor or blender to combine the ingredients. I used my processor to whip all the ingredients together into a smooth batter.
Now, who’s hungry? Let’s get cookin’!
Dreamy Fluffy Pancakes
- 1/2 cup packed dates
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup palm oil shortening
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 T arrowroot flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t sea salt
- Combine all of the ingredients for the pancakes in a food processor or blender. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a small frying pan over low heat, and grease it with coconut oil.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, fill it with batter, then pour the batter onto the fry pan. Using the back of the measuring cup, smooth out the batter to form a 4” pancake stack. You can also use a large, non-stick pancake griddle for cooking.
- Cook the pancakes for 1 minute on each side.
- Serve the pancakes with coconut whipped cream, fresh berries, and maple syrup.
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Cinnamon Waffles)