Join Sarah Ballantyne, founder of award-winning blog The Paleo Mom, for a discussion of autoimmune disease and the Paleo diet. With a Ph.D. in Medical Biophysics, Ballantyne bases her approach to the Paleo lifestyle on established scientific concepts.
Listen as she discusses both the scientific and the emotional-psychological hurdles of the Paleo lifestyle. Learn about autoimmune diseases and how the Paleo diet and the autoimmune protocol might help. Finally, get tips on how to seek out credible research from diverse resources. Check out Ballantyne’s book, The Paleo Approach, and her podcast The Paleo View.
- 3:00: How science and the Paleo diet mesh.
- 7:00: Finding the in-between of what our bodies need and can tolerate.
- 8:00: The “Paralysis by Analysis” effect.
- 10:00: Shifting from “I am Paleo” to “I follow a Paleo diet.”
- 14:30: How to make Paleo sustainable for you.
- 16:00: Sarah reveals her personal diet hurdles.
- 22:00: Why support can make or break you.
- 22:30: How eating healthy is like learning a language
- 23:30: What you need to know about autoimmune disease.
- 30:00: Can autoimmune disease “spread” to other parts of your body?
- 33:00: Are autoimmune diseases curable?
- 37:00: Breaking down the autoimmune protocol diet.
- 42:00: The “rabbit hole of PubMed.”
- 45:00: Diversifying your research.
Enjoy the Episode Below!
You’ve probably heard that turmeric
is one of the healthiest spices on the
planet. Well did you know you can
boost its effectiveness with a simple,
You’ve probably heard that
turmeric is one of the healthiest
spices on the planet. Well did
you know you can boost its
effectiveness with a simple,