Do you know what your kids are eating at school? The ‘juicing guru’ Joe Cross gets to the heart of kid’s food hurdles in today’s talk about kid’s meals.
Do you know what your kids are eating at school? How can you help make sure that plant-based, nutritious foods are easily accessible for all kids? Joe Cross, the juicing guru of “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” fame, gets to the heart of kid’s nutrition hurdles in today’s talk. His newest documentary, “The Kids Menu,” delves into grassroots efforts across the country to make sure healthy food is well within a kid’s reach at school.
Parents, this talk is especially helpful for you. Learn how you can make changes within your own family at home, how to ward off obesity and comorbid diseases among your children, and how to strike the right balance between nutrition and enjoyment of food with your kids. Learn the three biggest food hurdles in a child’s life and how to overcome them. Take cues from the way the next generation is revolutionizing food. Finally, Cross offers resources on how you, and everyone you know, can get involved in fostering healthier families the world over.
- 4:00: The big disconnect: How empowering others starts with you.
- 5:00: “One bite away from a heart attack:” Cross’s wellness journey.
- 8:00: Curing illness with plants: 60 days of juicing.
- 13:00: The three biggest food hurdles in a child’s life.
- 16:00: The major micronutrient and macronutrient imbalance.
- 18:30: How do we counter obesity in children’s schools?
- 23:00: How young people are changing the health game.
- 27:30: How can you nurture your children’s healthy habits?
- 29:00: “Pizza and soda is going to happen:” How to strike a dietary balance with your kid.
- 31:00: When doctors prescribe fruits and vegetables over drugs.
- 33:30: How do you finance plant-based meals in schools?
- 35:00: How can you help reform the kids menu?
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!