You may have seen Joel Salatin, a third generation farmer at Polyface Farms, in the game-changing documentary Food, Inc. Salatin champions a sustainable and resourceful way of farm-living, especially the integration of all types of agriculture and animals on one farm.
Join Salatin as he breaks down the troubles with factory farming and our food distribution system. Listen as he offers his take on how to effectively address global hunger, fix our own food system, and how we can individually improve the integrity of our foods. For more sustainable farming information, check out Salatin’s books You Can Farm and Folks, This Ain’t Normal.
- 1:00: The farming lifestyle
- 5:00: How to live resourcefully
- 6:00: What happens when the animals you eat move
- 7:00: Why farms need their own “salad bar”
- 9:30: “It’s not new, it’s old, it’s ancient. That’s why it works”
- 11:00: What’s wrong with factory farming?
- 14:30: The problem with our food distribution system
- 20:00: Why we’re not effectively addressing global hunger
- 26:00: What we can learn from ancient Amazonian civilizations
- 28:30: The problem with western dumping
- 33:30: How do we fix our food system?
- 36:00: The hidden problem with farmer’s markets
- 41:40: Is medical marijuana good for farming and agriculture?
- 45:00: Three steps to improving the quality of your diet
Enjoy the episode below!