How can eating sidewalk weeds help you save money on supplements? Is raising chickens in a small, urban space possible? Nutritionist and farmer Diana Rodgers tackles these question and more in today’s podcast. As a sustainable DIY guru who’s been compared to a Paleo Martha Stewart, this Sustainable Dish blogger has a unique perspective on doing your part to stay involved in a farming lifestyle no matter where you live.
How easy is it to become a farmer after college? Diana shares her story of working hard to market her nutritionist role at the farm to having fun playing Chicken Shit Bingo while raising chickens. She explains the best ways to raise livestock, plant herbs and forage for everything from mushrooms to weeds, depending on where you live. Finally, she warns us that eating bad foods “in moderation” isn’t great advice, and shares what she’d recommend for a healthy lifestyle instead.
- 8:00: What is “Chicken Shit Bingo”?
- 10:00: How farm work is both humbling and awesome.
- 13:00: Ways to farm in urban settings.
- 14:00: The basics for raising livestock in small spaces.
- 21:40: The best scraps to feed your city chickens.
- 26:00: How to prep your soil for planting herbs.
- 31:00: Food distribution problem: So much is going to waste.
- 35:00: How to forage for nutritious weeds.
- 39:00: Why it’s important to avoid false mushrooms.
- 44:00: Why the Paleo diet alone isn’t a cure-all.
- 50:00: Why people get tripped up in trying to eat “in moderation”.
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!
Get started on your Paleo
weight-loss journey today
with our beginner-friendly PaleoHacks Cookbook
Get started on your
journey today with