Do you struggle with disordered eating, obsessing over either the scarcity or excess of your eating habits? Join Maddy Moon, host of podcast Mind Body Musings, for an honest discussion about ending disordered eating and putting to death diet culture once and for all.
Moon knows firsthand the challenges of anorexia and orthorexia, or the unhealthy obsession with the health content of your food. Formerly a bodybuilder who fell under the spell of curated social media fitness perfection, Moon attributes her recovery to cutting out triggers, seeking moments of gratitude and her faith.
Learn how you can avoid the comparison trap, get over the guilt and find resources for recovery. Finally, learn more about healthy eating habits, from the intuitive to the mindful.
- 2:30: Moon’s experience with the dark side of dieting.
- 10:00: The dangers of orthorexia.
- 13:00: Weight loss or weight gain: Disordered eating is never healthy.
- 14:00: How Moon broke up with disordered eating.
- 20:00: Getting over the guilt.
- 22:00: Getting over the comparison trap.
- 27:30: The most important steps to healing.
- 30:00: Resources for recovery.
- 33:30: Intuitive eating, mindful eating and how to change your weight the healthy way.
- 38:00: The seven types of hunger.
Enjoy the episode below!
Paleohacks on iTunes
Paleohacks Podcast RSS Feed
Listen to us on Stitcher
The Paleohacks YouTube Channel