Indulge your sweet tooth with this zero-sugar-added, velvety keto chocolate truffle cheesecake rich in healthy fats and antioxidants!
Your favorite desserts can easily become Keto and Paleo-friendly with a few simple tricks. This three-layer keto chocolate cheesecake is a chocolate lover’s delight, complete with truffles on top!
For a brownie-meets-cookie-style crust, macadamia nut flour, cacao powder, and coconut oil create the perfect texture to complement the smooth layers that will go on top. Blanched almond flour can be used as a Paleo substitute if you’re not following keto.
Curious about ketosis?
Click here to get the FREE Easy Keto Guide to learn the right way to go keto!
Swap Out Cheese For Keto-Friendly Nuts
Instead of using cream cheese, macadamia nuts can be combined with coconut cream to create a base for filling cheesecakes. For the ultimate velvety filling, the trick is to blend them for a few minutes in a food processor, scraping the sides with a spatula as needed.
Dairy-Free Ganache Topping
For the ultimate thick chocolate topping to coat the cheesecake, coconut cream steps in for whipping cream. Coconut oil provides a glossy look to the ganache and cacao powder adds rich chocolate flavor and antioxidants. Be sure not to allow any of the liquid watery portion of the coconut cream to get added or else it will cause the ganache to separate.
A Chocolate Work of Art
To complete this chocolate masterpiece, truffles are dusted in cacao powder or rolled in macadamia nuts before being placed on top of the cheesecake. Truffles can be omitted for an even lower carb cheesecake.
Helpful Tips To Get Started:
- If the crust is too dry, add in 1–2 extra teaspoons of coconut oil to moisten.
- Wrap the foil around the springform pan as tightly as possible when baking to keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake as it bakes.
- Check the cheesecake after 30 minutes. The center can be slightly jiggly, it will become firm as it refrigerates.
- Add the truffles to the cake when the ganache has just started to firm so it acts as a glue, holding the truffles in place as it hardens.
Keto Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
Keto Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
- 8-inch springform pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium mixing bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Food processor
For the Crust:
- 1½ cups macadamia nut flour
- 3 T cacao powder
- ¼ t monk fruit powder
- 3 T melted coconut oil + 1 t for greasing the pan
- ¼ t sea salt
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 cup full-fat unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 T cacao powder
- 1 t monk fruit powder
- 4 cups hot water for baking
For the Chocolate Truffles:
- 1 cup cacao butter
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 2 T grass-fed butter
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ½ t monk fruit powder
- ⅓ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts for rolling truffles
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- ¾ cup full-fat unsweetened coconut cream
- 3 T unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 T cacao powder for rolling truffles
- To Make the Crust: Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Assemble the pan and brush the sides with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Combine the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and use a fork to mix until thoroughly combined and lightly moist. Press into the bottom of the pan and poke 10 - 12 holes with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool the crust at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- For the Cheesecake Filling: Combine the macadamia nuts, coconut cream, and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping the sides as needed, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, cacao powder, and monk fruit powder. Blend for 10 seconds longer.
- To Bake the Cheesecake: Cut off 2 large pieces of aluminum foil and overlap them on the countertop. Place the springform pan containing the crust on top and tightly wrap it with foil. Place the pan into a larger oven-safe baking pan with raised sides. Use a spatula to spread the cheesecake filling over the crust and smooth evenly.
- Pull the oven rack out slightly and transfer the baking pan to the oven. Pour the 4 cups of hot water into the pan before sliding the oven rack into place.
- Bake the cheesecake for 35 - 40 minutes. Remove it from the oven and cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Transfer the cheesecake to a wire cooling rack and remove the foil. Cool for 1 hour longer. Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- For the Chocolate Truffles: Melt the cacao, coconut cream, and butter in a double boiler over medium heat for 10 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add the cacao powder and stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in the monk fruit powder.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and cool the chocolate at room temperature for 1 hour or until the chocolate firms, but isn’t solid. Use a spoon to scoop out the chocolate and roll into balls with your hands.
- Roll the truffles in cacao powder or macadamia nuts. Place onto a parchment paper-lined tray and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Chocolate Ganache: Heat the coconut cream and coconut oil over medium heat in a double boiler until melted, about 7 - 8 minutes. Stir in the cacao powder until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into a small jar with a spout and cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir the ganache a few times and drizzle over the edges of the cheesecake to create a drip effect around the sides. Pour the ganache in the center of the cheesecake and smooth evenly. Decorate with truffles and keep in the fridge until ready to slice.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Raw cacao powder (Healthworks)
Lakanto monk fruit sweetener golden (Lakanto)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Coarse sea salt (AztecSeaSalt)
Coconut cream (Native Forest)
Vanilla extract (Frontier)
You’ll Also Love: Keto Eggnog Cheesecakes Made in a Muffin Tin
Keto is one of the hottest new diets right now - with good reason! It melts fat and trims your tummy fast. With our Keto Sweets cookbook, you can do while still enjoying delicious sweets and desserts!
Enjoy cookies, cakes, and ice
cream and stay in fat-burning
ketosis with this FREE Keto
Enjoy cookies, cakes,
and ice cream and stay
in fat-burning ketosis
with this FREE Keto