A plant-based falafel that swaps the beans with silky cashews while packing cauliflower, broccoli, fresh parsley, and a cozy blend of spices into one hearty bite!
This quick recipe comes together in 30 minutes using just a blender and baking sheet – zero frying necessary. Cashews soaked in water are the secret ingredient and replace the beans found in a traditional falafel recipe. Not only do the cashews help the falafel ingredients stick together, but they also create a silky, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
A few notes on the ingredients: Think of the spices and herbs listed below as a jumping point. Coriander, cardamom, ginger or cilantro would be yummy additions. You could even add a teaspoon of wasabi paste for a real kick! There are many ways to change up the flavor of the falafels, so feel free to experiment with your favorite ingredients.
If you like to meal prep, these Paleo falafels can be made ahead of time. Simply store them in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container. Then when you’re ready to eat them, heat up the falafels over the stove like a burger for an easy, no-fuss meal.
Un-Fried Falafel Recipe
Un-Fried Falafel Recipe
- 8x8 baking dish
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ t paprika
- ½ t cumin
- ½ t garlic powder
- ½ t turmeric
- ¼ t salt
- 1 T tapioca flour
- 1 handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- ½ T tahini
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water for a minimum of 20 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8x8 square baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender, add all ingredients (including soaked cashews). Pulse 2-3 minutes to breakdown the cauliflower and broccoli. Then run on high for another 3-5 minutes until the batter is smooth.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the batter, roll into balls, and then place them on the baking sheet. Repeat until you have 8 balls in total.
- Flatten the balls into falafels by gently pressing them down with your palm.
- Bake for 20 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven. Serve immediately and drizzle with Paleo mayo and Sriracha!
Tip: If you’re having trouble blending the ingredients, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to help them come together.
(You’ll Also Love: Unfried Chicken Recipe)
Snacking due to cravings is one of the
biggest roadblocks to weight loss. With Paleo
snacks like Macadamia chocolate snack balls,
pistachio muffins, and fig & walnut biscuits,
that roadblock will be GONE.
Snacking due to cravings is one
of the biggest roadblocks to
weight loss. With Paleo snacks
like Macadamia chocolate snack
balls, pistachio muffins, and fig &
walnut biscuits, that roadblock
will be GONE.