Warm spices, juicy pears and maple syrup combine for an irresistibly cozy bread.
Tasting like one part loaf bread and one part pound cake, this spice pear bread is equally delicious for breakfast or dessert.
Just like loaves made with banana or pumpkin, grated pears add extra moisture to help ensure the bread won’t dry out as it bakes. To keep the texture nice and soft, a combination of coconut and almond flours gives this bread the right consistency for it to rise without caving in. Added cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are the warming spices that tie everything together and fill the entire house with irresistible aroma.
To get started, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and make sure to overlap the edges so that it’s easier to remove the bread later. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients together and use a separate mixing bowl to whisk the eggs, 1/3 cup maple syrup, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and fold in the grated pear.
Love Coconut Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Coconut Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Coconut Flour Recipes!
Then, pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Decorate the top using the sliced pear and bake for 60 minutes. When ready, gently remove the bread from the oven and brush the remaining two tablespoons of maple syrup on top. This will help create a glossy coating for a straight-from-the-bakery look. When finished, return the bread back to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Once the baking is complete, remove from oven and let the bread cool inside the pan for 20 minutes. Use the parchment paper to lift the bread from the pan and set onto a clean surface. Let it cool for an additional 20 minutes before slicing, then serve immediately and enjoy. Store in a dry cool spot, covered, for up to one week or freeze for up to three months.
Tip: Although this recipe uses Bosc pears for its subtle flavor, you can also use any variety of ripe pear available near you.
Cinnamon Spice Pear Bread
Cinnamon Spice Pear Bread
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Pastry brush
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 3 large, pasture-raised eggs
- 1/3 cup + 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted, unsalted, grass-fed butter
- 1 cup grated pear
- 1 pear, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, overlapping the edges.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/3 cup maple syrup, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and fold in the grated pear.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Decorate the top with the sliced pear and bake for 60 minutes.
- Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons of maple syrup onto the top of the bread and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- When finished, remove from oven and let the bread cool inside the loaf pan for 20 minutes. Use the parchment paper to lift the bread out from the pan. Let it cool for an additional 20 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Almond flour (Hodgson Mill)
Coconut flour (Nutiva)
Baking powder (Hain)
Ground cinnamon (Simply Organic)
Ground ginger (Simply Organic)
Ground nutmeg (Simply Organic)
Sea salt (REDMOND)
Vanilla extract (Frontier)
(You’ll Also Love: Fresh Strawberry Bread Recipe)