Chocolate lovers rejoice! This bakery-style Paleo Chocolate Loaf is the perfect treat alongside a hot cup of coffee in the morning.
Who wouldn’t love a soft cake-like chocolate bread that you can have for breakfast? This dark chocolate loaf is not only soft and fluffy on the inside, it melts in your mouth the second you take a bite!
The best part is that it’s made with only 10 Paleo-approved ingredients. Cacao powder provides a rich chocolate flavor without the refined sugar, and almond flour gets the chocolate loaf thick and fluffy.
Love Almond Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Almond Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Almond Flour Recipes!
This recipe uses shredded zucchini to make the center extra creamy. It’s an easy way to add moisture to baked goods without altering the flavor. Not to mention a good way to sneak more veggies into your diet!
Tip: Shred the zucchini by cutting it into cubes, then placing in a food processor or blender and pulsing several times until shredded. This method is a huge timesaver versus doing it by hand!
Coconut butter also adds to the creamy center of this bread. It’s a fabulous replacement for oils in baked recipes, and they lend a luscious, velvety texture to breads!
Pair this chocolate loaf with your morning coffee or tea for a treat-like breakfast. You can also enjoy it as an afternoon or late-night snack. Even better, put the batter in a cake pan and turn it into a cake! Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil together to glaze it. It’s a healthier alternative to cake, and no one will notice the difference!
Tip: Keep bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 7 days or in the freezer 30 days.
Paleo Chocolate Loaf
Paleo Chocolate Loaf
- 9”x5” baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Electric beater
- 1 medium zucchini (approx. 1 cup)
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3 T coconut butter
- ¼ t sea salt
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 T dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9”x5” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Shred the zucchini by cutting into cubes, placing in a blender, and pulsing several times until shredded. Do not squeeze excess liquid from zucchini.
- Place shredded zucchini, honey, eggs, vanilla, coconut butter and salt in a large mixing bowl and blend together until smooth.
- Fold in almond flour, baking soda and cacao powder to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted into the center clean.
- Remove from the oven and place chocolate chunks on top of the bread (they will melt over the top).
- Remove the bread by lifting the parchment paper up and out of the pan. Place the bread on a cutting board or rack to cool another 20 minutes before slicing.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
Almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
Raw cacao powder (Healthworks)
(You’ll Also Love: Ciabatta Bread Recipe, Gluten Free, Grain Free)