Looking for a quick, healthy treat? Here’s a quick way to whip up Paleo-friendly Carrot Cake Bites in just 25 minutes – no cooking necessary!
Naturally sweetened with dates and coconut, these carrot cake bites are a no-bake snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth and help improve your health. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan – these snacks pack in plenty of cancer-fighting nutrients with added spices to boost up antioxidants.
Begin by soaking the dates in hot water for 15 minutes to soften. While the dates are soaking, process the carrots in a blender and pulse until they are finely chopped. Tip: I used the blender to chop the carrots, but you can also use a box grater to shred the carrots if you prefer. Then, set them aside.
Want to go Paleo? Not sure where to start?
Start with this FREE Paleo For Beginners Guide Today!
Next, blend the soaked dates until you get a paste-like texture. Combine the date paste, chopped carrots, shredded coconut, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together, ensuring all is evenly distributed.
Finally, scoop out a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture and then coat each one in shredded coconut. Enjoy these Carrot Cake Bites immediately or keep them chilled in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Carrot Cake Bites
Carrot Cake Bites
- Large mixing bowl
- 2 cups pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups carrots
- 1 cup shredded coconut, plus more for rolling
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t ground nutmeg
- Process the carrots in a blender until they are very finely chopped. Set them aside.
- Once the dates have finished soaking, process them in a blender until they become paste-like.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the processed dates, finely chopped carrots, shredded coconut, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Use your hands and mix well until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Scoop out a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into bite-sized balls. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut until they are fully coated. Keep chilled in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
(You’ll Also Love: Raw Strawberry Shortcake Bites)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo