Indulge in these Strawberry Shortcake Bites for a light treat made with only 5 natural ingredients!
Made with five Paleo-approved ingredients, these strawberry shortcake bites are tastier than any store-bought snack and better for your digestive health, too! In addition to their crunchy sweet flavor, they’re also easy to make and packed with plenty of healthy fats, proteins, and essential vitamins.
Cashews and hazelnuts combine with dates and lemon juice to form a sticky, sweet mixture that yields a creamy, distinct flavor. Cashews are a must-have ingredient and are key to giving these chewy bites their silky texture.
Want to snack smarter and curb cravings? Get your FREE 25 Healthy Paleo Snacks Cookbook here.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Snack Recipes Cookbook!
To get started, place the fresh strawberries onto a baking sheet and chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, place the nuts, lemon juice, and dates into a high-speed blender and pulse until you get a sticky mixture. After the strawberries are finished freezing, remove them from the freezer and combine with the sticky mixture inside the blender.
Then, carefully pulse several times until the strawberries break down and incorporate into the mixture. Tip: Make sure not to overblend and liquefy, since the berries already have a bit of water in them. Once the ingredients are mixed together, mold the mixture into 12 bite-sized balls. When finished, set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Enjoy these energy bites for everyday snacking, or add them to your child’s lunchbox for a healthy treat. You can store the bites inside your refrigerator for up to 10 days (30 days in the freezer).
Raw Strawberry Shortcake Bites
Raw Strawberry Shortcake Bites
- High-speed blender
- Baking sheet
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 t lemon juice
- ¼ cup strawberries
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- Remove the stems from the strawberries, slice them in half, and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until frozen.
- In a high-speed blender, place the hazelnuts, cashews, lemon juice and dates inside and blend until a sticky mixture begins to form.
- Remove the strawberries from the freezer and transfer to the blender. Pulse several times until strawberries break down and incorporate into the mixture. (Be careful not to overblend or mixture will liquefy.)
- Using your hands, mold the mixture into 12 bite-sized balls.
- Place the balls onto the same prepared baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Enjoy immediately or keep the bites inside the refrigerator for up to 10 days (30 days in the freezer).
(You’ll Also Love: Coconut Yogurt Bites)
Snacking due to cravings is one of the
biggest roadblocks to weight loss. With Paleo
snacks like Macadamia chocolate snack balls,
pistachio muffins, and fig & walnut biscuits,
that roadblock will be GONE.
Snacking due to cravings is one
of the biggest roadblocks to
weight loss. With Paleo snacks
like Macadamia chocolate snack
balls, pistachio muffins, and fig &
walnut biscuits, that roadblock
will be GONE.