These chocolatey Almond Joy Egg Brownie Bites are the perfect festive treat made with gluten-free ingredients!
Filled with coconut chocolate flavor, each bite is packed with antioxidant cacao and vitamin E-rich almonds.
Start by making the brownie bites first. Mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl and all the dry ingredients (except for the shredded coconut and raw almonds) in another. Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Don’t skip this step! Sifting helps prevent your batter from getting lumpy, since flours and cacao powder can tend to form clumps. When you get a nice, smooth batter, pour it into a prepared baking pan and bake it in the oven for 25 minutes. When it’s ready, let it cool completely before crumbling the brownie into small pieces. Mix in the shredded coconut using your hands, pressing into the brownies to create a thick paste.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
Next, mold out eight egg-shaped brownie bites, and press an almond on top of each one. Let them chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before covering them with a chocolate coating. Tip: If you don’t want to dip the entire brownie bite into the chocolate coating, you can simply drizzle it over the top. Chill your Almond Joy Egg Brownie Bites until ready to serve.
Wrap them up for Easter baskets or serve them as a fun treat to share with friends and family!
Almond Joy Egg Brownie Bites
Almond Joy Egg Brownie Bites
- 8-inch round baking pans
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 large bowls
For the Brownie Bites:
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 2 T coconut flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 raw almonds
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a round 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the eggs, honey, and water in one bowl and dry ingredients (minus the shredded coconut and raw almonds) in another.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, and whisk together until you get a smooth, thick batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan; bake for 25 minutes. Let the brownie cool before cutting into small pieces and then crumbling in a large bowl.
- Add the shredded coconut to the crumbled brownie bits and use your hands to mix, pressing the ingredients together to form a thick paste.
- Divide the paste into 8 egg-shaped ovals, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press an almond on top of each oval and place the brownie bites in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once they are set, mix the coconut oil and raw cacao powder in a large bowl.
- Dip the brownie bites into the melted chocolate, using a fork to lift the chocolate-coated bites back onto the baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator until chocolate coating sets.
(You’ll Also Love: Turmeric ‘Cadbury’ Creme Eggs)