Join Tero Isokauppila of Four Sigma Foods—who’s made it their mission to bring back “ancient superfood mushrooms” to the masses—for a breakdown of all things fungi. Learn the difference between edible and medicinal mushrooms, why mushrooms have been superfoods for much of history, and how to forage your own. Check out Four Sigma’s medicinal mushroom line of products, like mushroom coffee and even mushroom hot cocoa.
- 1:30: Mushrooms: Destigmatizing the fungi.
- 3:00: Tero’s farm and foraging upbringing in Finland.
- 5:00: How the Paleo diet and medicinal mushrooms go hand in hand.
- 7:00: The powerful benefits of adding medicinal mushrooms to your diet.
- 9:00: How you’re 40-50% mushroom.
- 10:00: Edible vs. Medicinal mushrooms:
- 15:00: Are mushrooms poisonous?
- 16:00: “Everything is poisonous, nothing is poisonous”
- 19:00: The best places to forage for mushrooms.
- 21:00: The mushroom “kings and queens.”
- 25:00: How you consume more fungi than you’d think.
- 30:00: Drink your mushrooms.
- 32:00: The doctor doesn’t always know best: What you can learn about food and wellness from chefs and farmers.
- 39:00: Where to get Four Sigma’s products.
Enjoy the episode below!
Paleohacks on iTunes
Paleohacks Podcast RSS Feed
Listen to us on Stitcher
The Paleohacks YouTube Channel