Join Integrative Health Practitioner Chris Kresser, author of New York Times Bestseller The Paleo Cure for a discussion on the merits of functional medicine, a practice that addresses the underlying causes of a disease. Learn about the woeful lack of nutrition in modern medicine, how to keep abreast of the latest science, and how you can personally reset your diet with Kresser’s Paleo template. Get answers to your nutritional questions, like whether you should follow a low-carb diet, the healthiest sources of fats and sugar, and more. Finally, listen as Kresser separates truth from fiction in major nutrition myths.
- 2:00: Treating a long term tropical illness when conventional medicine fails you.
- 5:00: What is functional medicine?
- 8:00: The lack of nutrition in medicine.
- 9:30: Blogs for your health.
- 10:30: Reset your diet with the Paleo template.
- 14:00: Should you follow a low-carb diet?
- 18:00: Which fats should you be eating?
- 20:00: What you should know about nitrates and nitrites.
- 24:00: Alkaline diet myths.
- 30:00: What you should know about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- 34:00: Why you should keep eating fruit.
- 39:00: The basic carb intake model you should follow.
- 41:00: The revolutionary microbiome.
Enjoy the episode below!
This weeks episode is sponsored by Thrive Market — my new favorite place online to get organic & non-toxic products for up to 50% off retail prices. We’ve been buying our coconut oil, mayo, paleo cereal, and more from there — shipping is free, and everything gets delivered within 2-3 days.
As our sponsor, Thrive Market is generously offering Paleohacks readers 2 free months membership to their shopping club (think Costco meets Whole Foods) along with 15% off your first order.