For professional mountain biker and Functional Diagnostics Technician, the Paleohacks podcast is personal. Kelly got his start in the Paleo lifestyle by listening to the Paleohacks podcast during this episode with functional medicine Dan Kalish. Now the co-founder of health consultation program Nourish, Balance, Thrive, Kelly has come full-circle, hosting a podcast of his own.
In today’s episode, Kelly touches on key Paleo concepts for athletes. Discover how to train smarter, not harder and how the ketogenic high fat diet might help sustain your training. Kelly also gives tips on how to self-test and get to the root of your chronic fatigue. Finally, find where to focus when you can’t blame your poor health on stress any longer.
- 2:00: How the Paleohacks podcast changed Kelly’s life.
- 5:00: The story behind Nourish, Balance, Thrive.
- 7:00: How mountain biking led Chris to the Paleo diet.
- 9:00: Work smarter, not harder: Training for the Paleo athlete.
- 11:00: Breaking down the ketogenic diet.
- 17:00: Why vegetarianism might not work for all athletes.
- 18:00: Why you should try self-testing.
- 27:00: Smart supplementation: What vitamins should you be taking?
- 29:00: Creatine: Should you try it?
- 31:00: Which supplements to avoid.
- 34:00: Self-testing: Where to start.
- 38:00: Stress: Is that the only struggle?
Enjoy the episode below!
Looking for low carb keto recipes to burn fat and lose weight?
Click here to get your FREE Keto Breakfast Recipes Cookbook!
Paleohacks on iTunes
Paleohacks Podcast RSS Feed
Listen to us on Stitcher
The Paleohacks YouTube Channel