How do you know when a diet isn’t working for you? Author, activist and blogger Kevin Gianni can speak on it from experience.
Gianni spent many years following a raw vegan diet to the point of obsession. He found himself a guinea pig to health fads, until they finally impacted his performance and daily life. Now, Gianni follows a balanced diet, using his book “Kale and Coffee” to debunk some of the myths behind “healthy” lifestyles.
Listen in as Gianni discusses how to find balance in your own health journey. Get his take on cheat days, the pros of functional medicine and whether blood tests are right for you, and even the healthiest types of wine and where you can get them.
- 4:00: Halfway to health: How Gianni connected the dots between nutrition and exercise
- 8:00: How to know when a diet isn’t working for you
- 15:00: “My hormones were at the level of an 85 year old grandfather” – The raw vegan struggle
- 19:00: “You just went from vegan to yogurt-tarian” – How yogurt changed Gianni’s life
- 26:00: “Kale and Coffee” – Can you drink your cold-pressed green juice and coffee too?
- 28:00: Should you have cheat days?
- 32:00: Should you try functional medicine blood tests?
- 36:00: Blood tests: Where do you start?
- 40:00: The red wine myth: Not all wine is created equal
- 43:00: Paleo-friendly wine? Gianni’s wine recommendations
Watch the Episode Below!