Kick-off your mornings with these all-natural Banana Bread Pancakes with skin-firming collagen and drizzled with raw honey!
Using mashed bananas as a natural sweetener and raw honey for drizzling on top, these pancakes are just as tasty as they are healthy. Added collagen powder not only replenishes your skin, but can also help heal your gut and ease joint pain. Add it to your favorite cookies or coffee for an extra dose of essential protein and nutrients.
Start by whisking the mashed banana, eggs, and almond milk in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the almond meal, collagen powder, baking powder, and ground cinnamon together until combined. Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and whisk well until fully mixed.
Love Paleo Breakfasts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Breakfast Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Breakfast Recipes!
Next, melt a bit of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Place a greased, round metal mold in the middle of the skillet and pour ¼ cup of batter into the mold. Let the batter cook for a few minutes or until bubbles rise to the top and the surface is no longer shiny. Next, remove the mold and flip the pancake over to finish cooking the opposite side. Once the pancake is ready, set aside, and repeat using the rest of the batter.
Note: I used a metal mold to get thicker round pancakes. Alternatively, you can simply pour the batter slowly into the middle of the pan, and let it cook. The taste will be the same, but the pancakes will be slightly thinner in shape.
Top these banana bread pancakes with extra banana slices and a big drizzle of honey!
Banana Bread Collagen Pancakes
Banana Bread Collagen Pancakes
- Large skillet
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (about ¾ cup)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1¾ cup almond meal
- 3 T collagen powder
- ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t ground cinnamon
- Banana slices, for topping
- Raw honey, for drizzling
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the mashed banana, eggs, and almond milk together.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, mix the almond meal, collagen powder, baking powder, and ground cinnamon together.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Let the batter rest for five minutes before cooking.
- Melt a bit of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Grease a round metal mold with coconut oil and place it in the middle of the pan.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the mold and let it cook for three minutes or until bubbles rise to the top and the surface is no longer shiny.
- Run a butter knife around the edge of the mold and remove the mold before flipping the pancake over. Let it cook for another one to two minutes until the other side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes topped with sliced bananas and a drizzle of raw honey.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Almond meal (Barney)
Grass-Fed Collagen (Bright Naturals)
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
(You’ll Also Love: Chocolate Collagen Protein Pancakes Recipe)