Savory mushrooms and sausage bring this Paleo artichoke pizza to the next level.
Battling an unceasing craving for pizza? This Paleo version satisfies your savory, carb-y desires while keeping your goals in check. An herbaceous, gluten-free crust gets a coating of olive oil to bronze it in the oven, while a bevvy of bright and flavorful toppings make you forget the cheese.
Bonus: There’s no yeast in the dough, so you don’t have to wait for it to rise. Serve this at a family dinner or make it up at midnight, when pizza cravings strike hard.
Love slow cooker recipes?
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Slow-Cooker Recipes!
Savory Mushroom, Sausage & Artichoke Paleo Pizza Crust
- 1 ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t garlic salt
- ¼ t Italian seasoning
- ¼ t dried oregano
- ¼ t dried basil
- 3 medium eggs
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- Olive oil for brushing
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ lb ground Italian sausage
- ½ cup Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 whole artichoke hearts, sliced
- Optional: fresh basil
How to Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and herbs until clump free. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Whisk wet ingredients into dry. Eventually, you’ll have to work the dough with your hands.
3. Grease a large pan with olive oil (a pizza pan or cookie sheet will work!) Spread dough evenly. Brush crust with olive oil.
4. Bake crust for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, sauté sausage and mushrooms.
5. Remove crust from oven. Spread sauce over crust. Top with sausage, mushrooms and artichoke hearts. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with basil and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Veggie and Bacon Breakfast Pizza)