Get ready for the ultimate Paleo Pizza Crust you can have ready in under 30 minutes!
Bet you haven’t had a crust like this before! This Paleo-friendly recipe is not only easy to make, but also easy on your waistline. Made with all-natural ingredients and a blend of gluten-free flours, it’s the perfect way to stay healthy while satisfying your carb craving.
Store-bought pizza crusts (even if they are Paleo-friendly) can contain added sugar, extra sodium, and cornmeal – all of which can wreck your gut health. Making your own crust at home not only eliminates the risk of hidden additives, but can also be customized to your family’s individual likings – perfect for picky eaters!
A mixture of almond flour, arrowroot starch, and coconut flour creates a pizza crust that is soft yet dense enough to hold extra toppings. Arrowroot starch adds a thin crisp texture, while the almond flour and coconut flour add extra proteins and healthy fat. Tip: Tapioca flour can be subbed in for arrowroot starch, if you don’t have any on hand.
Love Almond Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Almond Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Almond Flour Recipes!
Begin by blending the eggs, apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil using an electric mixer. In a separate mixing bowl, sift together ¾ cup arrowroot starch, almond flour, and coconut flour. Add in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture and blend until smooth.
Next, sprinkle the remaining arrowroot starch onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and mold into a round pizza shape (about ½-inch to ¾-inch thick). Tip: You can make the dough ahead of time and store in the freezer for up to 60 days. Just make sure to thaw one hour in advance at room temperature before baking.
Place in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is slightly brown. Remove from the oven and top with your favorite sauces, veggies, proteins, or nutritional yeast for “cheesy” flavor. Then, set your oven to broil and cook for an additional five minutes to melt the toppings. When finished, serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to five days.
Paleo Pizza Crust
Paleo Pizza Crust
- Mixing bowl
- Sheet pan
- Baking sheet
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup arrowroot starch, plus 3 T for the dough
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 T coconut flour
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- ¼ t sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place a piece of parchment paper onto a large baking sheet.
- Using an electric mixer, blend the egg, apple cider vinegar, and water together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together ¾ cup arrowroot starch, almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture with the egg mixture and add the coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle the remaining arrowroot on the prepared baking sheet.
- Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet and spread into a round shape (about ½-inch to ¾-inch thick).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite toppings.
- Turn the broiler to high and cook for and additional five minutes, then slice and enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Apple cider vinegar (Bragg)
Arrowroot starch (Authentic Foods)
Almond flour (Hodgson Mill)
Coconut flour (Nutiva)
Garlic powder (Frontier)
Coarse sea salt (AztecSeaSalt)
(You’ll Also Love: Coconut Flour Pizza Crust Recipe)