This flaky, crispy pie crust only requires five staple Paleo ingredients you probably already have on-hand!
For those of you who’ve never made your own Paleo pie crust before, this recipe is a cinch to make. It includes plenty of gluten-free ingredients (like coconut flour and tapioca starch) and is great for using with both sweet and savory pie fillings. Prepare it ahead of time and keep this recipe handy whenever you need a quick go-to crust.
To get started, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a pie pan with coconut oil. You’ll want to make sure the pan has a removable bottom so that it’s easier to remove after baking.
Love Coconut Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Coconut Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Coconut Flour Recipes!
Next, place the eggs and melted coconut oil in a large mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Add the coconut flour and tapioca starch to the mixing bowl and stir together with a wooden spoon. You’ll want the dough to be easy to handle and not too sticky. If you find the dough is too wet, simply add one additional tablespoon of tapioca starch at a time and continue mixing.
Then, roll the dough into a diameter that’s slightly larger than the base of your pie pan (about 1/8-inch thick). Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and press it down to completely cover the bottom and sides of the pan. Make sure there are no air gaps before placing it into the oven to bake for 20 minutes. When the crust becomes golden brown, remove and let it cool in the pan.
Once the crust is completely cooled, prepare it with your favorite pie filling and enjoy!
Tip: You can swap out the coconut oil for olive oil or avocado oil in the same amounts if you prefer the taste to be more savory than sweet.
Coconut Flour Paleo Pie Crust
Coconut Flour Paleo Pie Crust
- Pie pan with removable bottom
- Large mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch + more as needed
- ¼ t salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a pie pan with coconut oil. (Make sure the pie pan includes a removable bottom).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the melted coconut oil together, then add the coconut flour and tapioca starch. Mix well until you get a homogeneous dough. If the dough is too wet, simply add an extra tablespoon of tapioca starch and mix until the dough is easier to handle and no longer sticky.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out until it is 1/8-inch thick. You’ll also want the diameter to be slightly larger than the bottom of your pan.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pie pan, pressing down with your fingers so that there are no air gaps between the dough and the pan.
- Bake the dough for 20 minutes and remove when it turns golden brown. Let the crust cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- When finished, combine it with your favorite Paleo pie filling and enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Coconut flour (Nutiva)
Tapioca flour (Authentic Foods)
For more flaky, crusty inspo, check out 19 Divine Ways to Make Veggie Pizza Crust