Dreamy, flaky coconut gets coated in melted chocolate for copycat Mounds Bars that are better than store-bought!
If you like treats loaded with sweet coconut flakes, you’ll love this copycat Paleo Mounds Bar recipe. All you need is a handful of ingredients and a candy mold or mini ice cube tray!
The chocolate coating is made by melting dairy-free chocolate chips with a little coconut milk and vanilla extract. To craft the perfect coconut center, shredded coconut flakes get mixed with melted coconut oil and a touch of honey until sticky and firm.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
Start by melting the chocolate ingredients over a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Use a spoon or pastry brush to coat nine cavities of a candy mold or mini ice cube tray, then set in the freezer to harden. Note: You may get more or fewer bars depending on the size of your mold or tray.
While the chocolate sets, mix together the shredded coconut with melted coconut oil and honey until sticky. Scoop the mixture into the center of each candy mold, then top with the remaining melted chocolate.
Set your copycat Mounds bars in the freezer for about five minutes to harden, then store in the refrigerator to keep the coconut filling soft and chewy.
Enjoy your homemade candy bars as a healthier dessert or a decadent little snack.
Copycat Mounds Bar Recipe
Copycat Mounds Bar Recipe
- Double boiler
- Candy mold or mini ice cube tray
- Spoon or pastry brush
- Small bowl
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 T unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, shredded
- 1 T raw honey
- Melt chocolate chips, coconut milk, and vanilla over a double boiler, stirring constantly.
- Use a spoon or pastry brush to coat the mold with melted chocolate. Freeze for five minutes to harden.
- While the mold is in the freezer, prepare the filling by mixing melted coconut oil, coconut flakes, and honey together in a bowl.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and scoop a spoonful of the coconut mixture into each cavity.
- Cover the coconut with the remaining melted chocolate and return to the freezer to set for five minutes, then enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Dairy-free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
Coconut milk (Native Forest)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
(You’ll Also Love: No-Bake Key Lime Pie Bars (Paleo + Gluten Free))