Join Shawn Stevenson, host of The Model Health Show podcast and author of “Sleep Smarter,” for a discussion on quality sleep hygiene and its health benefits
We all know we should aim for eight hours of sleep, but are you getting the most out of your nightly snooze?
Join Shawn Stevenson, host of The Model Health Show podcast and author of “Sleep Smarter,” for a discussion on quality sleep hygiene and its health benefits. Learn how good sleep hygiene and managed stress levels can cultivate a healthier lifestyle. Get Stevenson’s take on the roles of caffeine and cortisol in your sleep schedule, as well as his suggestions for the optimal daily sleep and wellness schedule.
- 3:00: Ease into it: Cultivate good habits and don’t destroy your body when starting a health routine.
- 8:00: Stevenson’s health story: Using health and fitness to combat Degenerative Spinal Disease.
- 13:00: The body needs movement to heal itself.
- 17:30: Combating stress and sleep loss to help pain, physical ailments, and their underlying causes.
- 22:30: Sleep smarter, not longer: How morning exercise leads to deeper anabolic sleep.
- 25:00: Cortisol and how it affects sleep.
- 26:00: Caffeine curfew: Cut off caffeine consumption early in the day.
- 31:50: The best sleep time frame
- 35:00: Beyond 8 hours: Quality vs. quantity sleep.
- 39:00: Working the night shift: a possible carcinogen.
- 40:00: The ideal day: A sleep and wellness schedule.
Watch the episode below!