Made with a grain-free almond crust and a smooth coconut and chocolate filling, this French Silk Pie is a dessert dream.
I’m willing to bet you already have everything you need in your pantry to make this chocolatey French silk pie. The ingredients are just waiting for you to transform them into a blissful treat that’s not only grain-free, dairy-free and gluten-free, but also easy to make.
Start by tossing the crust ingredients into a food processor. Pulse on high for 1 to 2 minutes until a dough ball forms. Place the dough in a standard pie pan and press into an even layer. Then bake until golden brown.
While the crust cools, melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl fitted over a saucepan (if you have a double boiler, you can use that instead). Note: when buying dark chocolate, make sure it’s raw cacao with no added dairy or sweeteners to make sure you get the full health benefits.
As the chocolate melts, beat together the eggs, coconut sugar and coconut oil. Make sure you use high-quality, organic, free-range eggs, because this batter will be eaten raw! Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture, whisking them together until smooth and thick. In a separate bowl, stir the coconut cream until it’s very creamy. Then fold the coconut cream into the chocolate mixture. Pour that delectable chocolate cream filling over the crust and refrigerate overnight.
Once the pie is set, slice using a knife. Run the knife under hot water a few seconds. That’s the trick to getting the perfect slice every single time!
Serve the French silk pie with shaved chocolate, fresh berries and mint on top!
French Silk Pie with Coconut Oil
French Silk Pie with Coconut Oil
- 9-inch pie pan
- Food processor
- Glass bowl fitted over a saucepan (for melting chocolate)
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
For the Crust:
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups almond flour
- 2 T melted coconut oil + 1 t for greasing
- ½ t cinnamon
- 1/8 t salt
For the Filling:
- 1 15-oz can of full-fat coconut cream, water discarded
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 t melted coconut oil
- 6 oz raw dark chocolate baking chips or bar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch pie pan by placing 1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil in the dish and greasing with a paper towel.
- For the crust, add almond flour, coconut oil, cinnamon, eggs and salt in a food processor. Pulse several times until the dough becomes a large ball.
- Place dough in the greased pie pan and spread with your hands into a thin, even layer, including edges and sides of pan.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes until slightly brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the filling, place the chocolate and coconut oil in a glass bowl fitted over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir until the chocolate is smooth. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Place the eggs, coconut sugar and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, whisk together the ingredients until broken down and combined.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk it together until thick.
- In a separate smaller bowl, stir the coconut cream until creamy. Then add the coconut cream to the chocolate mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled crust. Refrigerate 2-3 hours until hardened.
- Decorate with dark chocolate shavings, fresh berries and mint to serve!
(You’ll Also Love: No-Bake Hazelnut Butter Pie)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo