Love frozen treats? Try this creamy lavender ice cream made with coconut milk for a fancy take on an old favorite!
This coconut lavender ice recipe is very easy to make and the lavender give it a fancy touch. It’s the perfect recipe for a post-dinner treat. The floral flavor perfectly compliments the vanilla and coconut milk.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
For best results, have all your ingredients measured out and within easy reach. That way, when the saucepan is heating up and you need to be stirring, you’re not scrambling trying to find the ingredients! The continuous stirring is necessary to prevent the ice cream mixture from curdling as it cooks. Also, make sure that your lavender flowers are marked as “culinary” so you know they’re safe to eat.
Coconut milk makes the perfect stand-in for dairy cream in this recipe. I would argue that it tastes even better. The thicker the coconut milk you use, the better the ice cream, so buy full-fat coconut milk.
Right out of the ice cream maker, this is a soft-serve style dessert. You can pop it back in the freezer if you’d like your ice cream firmer.
Coconut Lavender Ice Cream
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried lavender flowers
- 4 egg yolks
How To Make It
1. In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and lavender flowers.
2. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Strain and return to saucepan.
4. Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl.
5. Heat up the coconut milk mixture over medium-low heat (do not boil).
6. Temper the egg yolks by whisking in about 1/3 cup of the hot coconut milk, then whisking the coconut milk-yolk mixture into the coconut milk in the saucepan.
7. Keep it hot but not boiling and keep stirring with the whisk until the mixture thickens just a little.
8. Strain again and pour into an airtight container. Cover and chill until cold.
9. Pour into a cold ice cream maker and churn per manufacturer’s instructions.
10. Garnish with shredded coconut, if desired. Enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Pizookie with Banana Ice Cream)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo