This homemade ice cream recipe is all you need to make a rich, decadent dessert – with minimal fuss!
If you crave smooth, creamy ice cream (without all the preservatives), this homemade recipe is just for you. Better than store-bought versions, it’s sweetened with maple syrup, golden raisins, and dairy-free coconut milk for a dessert you can enjoy any time.
To achieve the ideal texture, we begin by warming up the coconut milk to a temperature that’s just below the boiling point. This creates a smooth, silky cream that gets whisked into a bowl of egg yolks for a process we call “egg tempering”.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
During this stage, it’s important to pour the heated milk in slowly and continuously whisk. If you pour too quickly, the eggs could begin to cook and turn into a scrambled mess. Gently combining the two liquids will help avoid this issue and bring up the egg temperature to the ideal texture.
To get started, use a thermometer to heat the coconut milk in a double boiler until it reaches 180°F. In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks and slowly whisk in the heated milk to temper the eggs. Return the mixture to the double boiler and heat it again to 180°F.
Next, transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the maple syrup, golden raisins, coconut flakes, and beef gelatin. Mix well until the ingredients are evenly distributed, then cover the bowl with aluminum foil. Place it into the freezer and mix thoroughly every 20 minutes for the next hour and a half.
Once you’re done with the mixing, let the mixture chill for at least one hour before serving. You can top with Paleo caramel sauce or your favorite sugar-free toppings. For easy storing, transfer leftovers into a loaf pan and keep frozen until ready to enjoy next.
Coconut Maple Raisin Ice Cream
Coconut Maple Raisin Ice Cream
- Double boiler
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- 1 T grass-fed gelatin
- Add the coconut milk to a double boiler.
- Use a thermometer to heat the coconut milk to 180°F, but be careful not to bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks and slowly whisk in the heated coconut milk. Stir constantly as you pour to temper the eggs. (This will ensure that the eggs don’t cook with the heated milk).
- Transfer the mixture back to the double boiler and bring the temperature back to 180°F.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Cover the mixing bowl with aluminum foil and place inside the freezer. Mix every 20 minutes for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Once the mixing process is complete, let it chill in the freezer (untouched) for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop and serve immediately with your favorite Paleo sauce or toppings.
(You’ll Also Love: Sneaky Cauliflower Ice Cream Recipe)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo