Bake up these sweet and savory Chocolate Bacon Skewers for a mouthwatering snack, rich in antioxidants!
Calling all bacon lovers! This recipe is easy to make and packs in a sweet and crunchy combo you can’t resist. Smoky pasture-raised bacon combines with dark chocolate for an indulgent snack that curbs any craving! It makes a great party appetizer with minimal prep and can be served with your favorite Paleo mocktail.
All natural ingredients are what sets this snack apart from most candy-coated recipes. Pasture-raised bacon nixes the toxic hormones and antibiotics. As a higher quality meat, it packs in more essential vitamins and comes from livestock raised on grass-fed diets (rather than corn and soy).
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
When it comes to dark chocolate, look for brands that are 70 percent cacao or above. This guarantees the highest levels of antioxidants and will help protect cells from free radical damage. Along with adding a rich natural flavor, dark chocolate is also great for curbing cravings and boosting additional health benefits.
To get started, thread a strip of bacon back and forth (like an accordion) onto one skewer. As you near the end of the first slice, gently slide it down and add another strip on top. Continue threading (about three strips per skewer) until all the bacon is finished. Then, place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to crisp for five minutes at room temperature. Drizzle with dark chocolate and serve warm!
Chocolate Bacon Skewers
Chocolate Bacon Skewers
- 10-inch wooden skewers
- Baking sheet
- Double Boiler
- Parchment paper
- 12 slices pasture-raised bacon
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thread three bacon strips back and forth (like an accordion) onto each skewer.
- Place onto the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the bacon is completely cooked. Remove from the oven and cool for five minutes to crisp.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips using a double boiler for about five minutes, or until smooth.
- Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate onto the bacon. Serve immediately and enjoy!
For more bacon goodness, try one of these recipes…
Avoid supermarket meat laced with dangerous growth hormones and antibiotics - get grass-fed, high quality meat for less than $6 / meal - with FREE delivery!
Avoid supermarket meat laced
with dangerous growth
hormones and antibiotics -
get grass-fed, high quality meat
for less than $6 / meal -
with FREE delivery!