Bring comfort food to a whole new level with this grain-free Cauliflower Polenta.
Paleo takes on polenta by subbing in cauliflower for cornmeal – and sacrificing none of the flavor! Full of buttery ghee and nutritional yeast, this is a side dish that brings ultimate satisfaction and endless topping possibilities. Best part is, it only takes 25 minutes to make and can easily be prepared using your food processor.
Polenta is a European dish traditionally served as a hot porridge with many variations of added meats, veggies, and sauces. Cauliflower works as a great anti-inflammatory alternative and also has the ability to replace grits, mashed potatoes, or even pizza crust.
Love Paleo Breakfasts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Breakfast Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Breakfast Recipes!
To keep things dairy-free, almond milk is used as a healthy milk alternative for added richness and fewer calories. Ghee will mimic the same buttery taste found in traditional dairy versions and is a great alternative for people sensitive to lactose. Similar to parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast is used to add cheesy flavor while also adding amino acids for extra protein.
To get started, begin by boiling the cauliflower florets in a large pot for about 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Tip: Work in batches or break up large florets into smaller pieces for easier blending. Then, strain the florets and add to the food processor with nutritional yeast, garlic, ghee, sea salt, and black pepper. Pulse until the florets are well crumbled.
Next, keep the food processor running on low-speed as you pour the almond milk and chicken broth into the funnel spout. Continue to blend until creamy (about one minute) and then scrape down the sides with a wooden spatula, as needed. Transfer the mixture to a medium skillet and heat over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes. Then, serve hot and enjoy!
- Top polenta with sautéed mushrooms and pasta sauce.
- Serve sunny-side-up eggs on top of polenta with crumbled bacon.
- Grill juicy skirt steak, slice, and serve on top of polenta!
Easy Cauliflower Polenta Recipe
Easy Cauliflower Polenta Recipe
- Large pot
- Food processor
- Medium Skillet
- 8 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- 1/2 t garlic, minced
- 1 T ghee
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Bring a large pot with six cups of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and reduce the heat to medium-low. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the florets and add to a food processor with nutritional yeast, garlic, ghee, sea salt, and black pepper. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your food processor. Pulse until the florets turn into a crumble. With the food processor running on low speed, pour the chicken bone broth and almond milk into funnel spout and continue to blend until the cauliflower is creamy.
- Transfer to a medium skillet and heat over medium-low until steaming, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: You’d Never Guess These Hash Browns Are Made From Low-Carb Cauliflower!)