This Paleo Blackberry Coconut Soufflé Bake is light and creamy. It’s a great low-carb, high-protein breakfast or brunch, and it’s perfect for feeding a crowd!
Recently, I had a group of friends over for a weekend brunch. Before the brunch, I polled them about what they’d like me to make, and the results were unanimous. Everyone wanted something sweet—similar to a bread pudding. Requests also involved the pudding being gluten-free, low-carb, high-protein, and Paleo.
It was a tall order, but this Paleo-loving baker was up for a challenge. I knew exactly what would make their taste buds sing: Paleo Blackberry Coconut Soufflé Bake!
This Paleo bake is packed with healthy ingredients, including fresh eggs, coconut milk, almond flour, and coconut flour. It’s light, airy, and bursting with sweet blackberries. It’s creamy in the center (like a custard), and incredibly flavorful!
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook. Click here to get it!
A few extra steps are required to prep this dish. But trust me, when you smell the rich, decadent flavors baking in the oven, the work is well worth it!
To make this Paleo Blackberry Coconut Soufflé Bake, you’ll need to start by separating the egg whites from the yolks in separate bowls. Then on the stove, heat the coconut milk and oil in a small pot over medium-low heat, and whisk in the flours until they become thick like a rue.
Next, beat the egg whites until they peak, and keep beating as you add the sugar. Set it aside as you prep the yolks. Whisk the yolks together in a bowl with the vanilla, salt, and flour mixture; it’ll get creamy like a custard.
At this point, gently fold the yolk mixture into the white mixture, along with shredded coconut and blackberries. Then transfer it to your prepared baking dish, and wait patiently as it bakes.
I served my brunch guests this Paleo Blackberry Coconut Soufflé Bake with a smorgasbord of optional toppings, such as powdered sugar, fresh berries, honey, maple syrup, and raw nuts. Everyone loved it, and I’m sure you will too!
Blackberry Coconut Souffle
Blackberry Coconut Souffle
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (rinsed)
- 5 eggs at room temperature (yolks and whites separated)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 T almond flour
- 1 T coconut flour
- ½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ¼ t salt
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 3 T coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Optional toppings: powdered sugar, blackberries, maple syrup, honey, and nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Heat a small pot over medium-low heat, and whisk the milk and coconut oil together until the oil melts. Slowly add the almond flour and coconut flour to the mixture until the batter thickens. Do not overmix.
- In a large bowl, combine separated egg whites. Beat on high until eggs are fluffy and foamy. Continue beating while you gradually add the sugar. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla, salt, and flour mixture until it’s smooth.
- Fold the yolk mixture into the egg white mixture with shredded coconut and blackberries. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 18-20 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Check that the center is done by inserting a toothpick in the center.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to ramekins. Top with optional toppings as desired!
(You’ll Also Love: Pina Colada Muffins)