These sweet Pina Colada Muffins are a refreshing treat. A light, satisfying dessert that will transport you to the beach with every bite!
I have been dreaming about making these Pina Colada Muffins forever. There’s just nothing better than biting into sweet, citrusy bursts of pineapple flavor! These muffins are very simple to make and are filled with delicious fresh fruit.
To make the muffins, all you need to do is mix the ingredients (the almond flour and coconut flour combined with sweet pineapple and hints of honey is magical) and bake until the edges are set. They should be slightly browned before you pull them out of the oven.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
Did I mention these Pina Colada muffins come with a glazed frosting too? The glaze is made with coconut cream and maple syrup with more of that sweet pineapple laced into it! I recommend you make extra frosting to layer on other morning treats, like warm Paleo pancakes and waffles.
Tip: To save time, freeze the glaze while the muffins are baking. I warn you, though. You will want to eat all of them at once!
Pina Colada Muffins
Pina Colada Muffins
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup pineapple, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ t vanilla extract
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- Optional: ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut for topping
- 1/8 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 T maple syrup
- ¼ cup pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a bowl, combine egg whites, honey, and vanilla and whisk until eggs become fluffy.
- Fold in the almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda and shredded coconut into the wet ingredients.
- Divide the batter among 6 muffin cavities.
- Bake at 350 °F for 22-25 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are set and lightly browned around the edges.
- While the muffins are baking, add the ingredients for the glaze to a blender and blend until the pineapple chunks are broken down. Freeze the glaze while the muffins finish baking.
- Remove the muffins from the oven. Cool in the pan 2-3 minutes before removing and placing on a baking rack to cool completely.
- Remove the glaze from the freezer. Using a spatula, spread 1-2 T of the glaze on the top of each muffin. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Store muffins in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to one week.
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Apple Cherry Muffins)
Delicious "liquid chocolate" kills cravings, helps reduce blood Delicious "liquid
pressure, and feeds good gut bugs (creamy & smooth).
chocolate" kills cravings,
helps reduce blood
pressure, and feeds
good gut bugs
(creamy & smooth).