Sweet and bursting with fall flavors, this Banana Bread French Toast is perfect for Saturday mornings!
If you’re looking for Paleo breakfast comfort food, this is it! All the warmth of banana bread is amplified when you coat it in a cinnamon-spiced egg wash and fry it in a skillet. Plus, if you have banana bread that’s going stale, now is the perfect time to make this recipe!
Start by baking this easy Paleo banana bread. It’s lightly sweetened with honey and bursting with the natural sweetness of bananas. We recommend making the banana bread a day or two before, since it makes for better toast and it saves on time in the morning. However, if you do make the banana bread the same day, be sure to fully cool the bread for several hours at room temperature. This way the bread is hard enough to withstand the French toast cooking process.
To make the banana bread French toast, create an egg wash by whisking eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract together. Then dip in slices of banana bread to coat before cooking on a preheated skillet. Serve your banana bread French toast immediately with sliced bananas and maple syrup!
Banana Bread French Toast
Banana Bread French Toast
- Mixing Bowl
- Deep mixing bowl
- 7.5” x 3.5“ Loaf Pan
- Wire Baking Rack
For the Banana Bread:
- 3 bananas
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 3 T arrowroot starch
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 T cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
For the Egg Wash:
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ T cinnamon
- ½ t vanilla extract
- To make the banana bread: Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas with the eggs, honey and coconut oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cooled, cut into 12 slices.
- To make the French toast: Preheat a skillet greased with coconut oil to medium heat.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the egg wash in a deep bowl. Dip in each banana bread slice to thoroughly coat. Place on the preheated skillet.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes before flipping and cooking another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Set on a wire baking rack until all the French toasts are done. Serve immediately with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
Tip: This recipe is perfect for meal prepping breakfasts for the week. Simply store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week for a comforting on-the-go breakfast!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Coconut flour (Nutiva)
Arrowroot starch (Authentic Foods)
Coconut milk (Native Forest)
(You’ll Also Love: Ciabatta Bread Recipe (Gluten Free, Grain Free))