Keto. Bacon. Sushi. Need we say more?
For a keto twist on sushi, we’re packing a crispy bacon shell with umami shredded beef, fresh and crisp cucumbers, and carrots and creamy avocado.
How To Roll Your Sushi Without A Mat
Rolling your sushi by hand without a guide can be tricky. There’s no need to go buy a specialty mat, though. A piece of parchment paper works great to keep everything in place.
Looking for low carb keto recipes to burn fat and lose weight?
Click here to get your FREE Keto Breakfast Recipes Cookbook!
Start by tucking your thumbs under the bottom of the parchment paper and place your fingers at the top of the ingredients. Roll your parchment paper towards your fingers while tucking the ingredients into the roll.
Use gentle pressure as you work your way up to encourage the roll to take the shape of a cylinder. With each roll, carefully pull the parchment paper out so it doesn’t become part of the sushi roll.
Once you get to the top, give the roll one more gentle squeeze to form the cylinder.
Helpful Tips To Get You Started:
- Keep an eye on the bacon. We are aiming for that sweet spot, where the bacon is pliable but still crispy, so taking it out of the oven at the right time is key. Watch the bacon closely and remove it right when it starts to get crispy.
- Don’t overstuff. It’s tempting to keep adding delicious fillings to this roll, but containing all those fillings is difficult. Keep it to the prescribed ratio.
Bacon-Wrapped Keto Sushi
Bacon-Wrapped Keto Sushi
- Wire rack
- Baking sheet
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium sauté pan
- Parchment paper
- 10 slices bacon
- ¼ avocado
- 2 T coconut aminos
- 1 T white vinegar
- ½ t tapioca flour
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 oz. cooked shredded beef
- ¼ cup peeled and shredded cucumber
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- On the wire rack, place the bacon slices side-by-side, overlapping by about ⅛ of an inch. Transfer the bacon to the oven for 20-25 minutes, until crisp but still flexible.
- Slice the avocado. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and tapioca flour. Set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shredded beef and coconut aminos mixture, then toss to coat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the beef is warmed through and the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the bacon slices to a paper towel-lined plate. Pat dry with another paper towel. Move the bacon to a piece of parchment paper, with bacon strips vertical. Arrange the bacon as it was on the pan, overlapping by about ⅛ of an inch.
- Lay the shredded beef horizontally at the bottom of the bacon strips. Top with sliced avocado, cucumber, and carrot.
- Starting at the bottom and using the parchment paper to guide the rolling process, tightly roll the bacon to the top to enclose the beef and vegetables. Squeeze gently with each roll to form a cylinder.
- Place rolled keto sushi on a cutting board seam-side down. Slice into 8 pieces. Serve immediately.
You’ll find many more keto recipes with this list of 61 fat-burning meals, including breakfasts all the way to desserts!