Forget the flour and whip up this creamy Almond Butter Cake in less than an hour!
Made with just a handful of ingredients, this almond butter cake is light, fluffy, and filled with chocolate chips nestled into each bite. It’s rich, nutty base complements a dairy-free frosting that includes coconut oil for a dose of healthy fats.
Layered with almond butter and chocolate throughout, this cake is made without using any refined sugars. Dark chocolate, almond butter, and vanilla give this cake a naturally sweet flavor, while pasture-raised eggs add a bit of fluff and protein to keep you feeling satisfied. If you prefer even more sweetness, you can add a ¼ – ½ cup of coconut sugar or maple syrup into the batter.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
The key to making the perfect cake is to use a stir-friendly almond butter that does not include any added salt or sugar. Look for the creamy variety with all its natural oils or try making your own homemade almond butter (it’s easy!) Note: No-stir almond butters will not work since they lack natural oils needed to make the cake rich and smooth.
To prepare the cake, use an electric mixer to blend the ingredients until smooth. Then, fold in the dark chocolate chips and pour into a nine-inch prepared springform pan. Bake the cake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven. Let it sit in the cake pan before removing the band.
While it cools, prepare the frosting by melting the almond butter with coconut oil (or grass-fed butter) in a double boiler. Spoon the frosting over the top of the cake and add more chocolate chips on top. You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Creamy Almond Butter Cake Recipe
Creamy Almond Butter Cake Recipe
- 9-inch springform pan
- Electric mixer
- Large mixing bowl
For the Cake:
- 9 large pasture-raised eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups creamy almond butter (the drippy kind is best)
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1½ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
For the Frosting:
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 T coconut oil (or grass-fed butter)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a springform pan with coconut oil.
- For the Cake: Using an electric mixer, blend the eggs, vanilla extract, almond butter, baking soda, and salt together.
- Fold the chocolate chips in with a spatula. Transfer to the prepared springform pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick can be removed clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- After the cake has cooled, release the clamp on the pan and remove the band. Carefully place the cake on a large platter or cake stand; set aside.
- For the Frosting: Melt the almond butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat. Stir occasionally while it melts for 2-3 minutes, until smooth.
- Spoon the almond butter frosting over the top of the cake and then place the chocolate chips on top.
- Slice and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: Banana Bread Bottom Cheesecake)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo