I don’t know about you, but sometimes I really crave my pre-Paleo fried foods. Instead of caving in and going back to my old (bad!) eating habits, I make healthier, Paleo versions of my old favorites.
This recipe is a cool way to bake pork that turns out crunchy and naughty, like it has been fried. You can also try this recipe with chicken, for the next time that you find yourself craving some KFC!
Here’s what you need:
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 2lbs)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned, full fat
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup gluten-free seed crackers
- Trim the fat from the pork chops. Pour coconut oil into a 13x9x2 baking pan, tilting the pan to coat the entire bottom. In a shallow bowl combine egg, coconut milk and pepper. Run the crackers through the food processor until reduced to fine crumbs. Place the crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chops in the egg mixture, then coat both sides with cracker crumbs. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered in a 425 oven for 10 minutes, turn chops. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until done.